When an e-mail named "You're invited to Dr. Conn's crib!" appears in your inbox, you know you can't resist the urge to have a look around.
Stephanie Taylor, President Paul Conn's secretary, sent out this message Wednesday to every student:
Dr. Conn will have a cookie ready for you to eat, he’ll show you around his office, let you wear his medallion, let you snap a quick pic with him – just generally hang out for a few minutes. A little student interaction every once in a while does him good, and he’s looking forward to meeting you.
Essentially, every student's dream has been fulfilled.
Well, in case you were stuck in class or traffic, here's a list of the Top Five Funky Things in Dr. Conn's Office:
5. The random magnet collection. The collection, which includes cowboy, kangaroo and sandal magnets, most likely belongs to the president's secretary, as it casually litters the backside of the door to her office.
4. The shoe shelf. Tucked away in a little known closet across from his personal restroom is a quaint wooden shelf, stocked with several pairs of shoes. Watch out ladies, you're not the only ones with a secret collection.
3. The Paul Conn Mouse pad. Look closely and you'll notice that the mouse pad on the president's desk is emblazoned with Conn's name in the lower right corner.
2. The Bell Tower Replica. When the Paul Conn Student Union was built, this model of the bell tower was presented to Conn as the building was dedicated to him.
1. Ever wondered what the university's budget might look like? President Conn had a copy of the proposed budget for the 2008-2009 school year on his desk. But what about a glimpse inside? You'll have to ask him for permission.